Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Don't think twice.. It's alright

Byker is back from Glastonbury, muddied, knackered and happy. And why not? Personally I think I'd rather have my private parts fried in chip fat than spend all weekend up to my neck in muck in order to listen to McCartney sing his back catalogue (if ever there was a lucky bloke on this planet it was him the day he met John Lennon) and Morrisey, Oasis or most of the others on show. But I find it totally depressing and nauseating to read all those posers and yoghurt-weaving hippies who are upset because the masses have discovered "their" festival and are ruining it for them. If they don't like it, shove off and find another festival of your own to go to, where no-one will bother you... and we don't have to put up with your whining. Me... I'd go to WOMAD or Cambridge anyday, and if you want a real festival... this is THE one.