Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Operation Iraqi Liberation (OIL) - George Monbiot tells how the US occupation regime helped itself to $8.8 bn of mostly Iraqi money in just 14 months.

Steve at Occupied Country has a pretty good musical taste. OK, so we're 'of a certain age' but I find most of the stuff that works its way onto his i-pod is music that I also rate very highly. So, prompted by Steve I decided to buy the Pat Metheny Group album, The Way Up. I'm usually wary about buying anything where I've only heard one track on the radio because I often find that the track I heard was the only decent thing on it. Well... The Way Up has only got one track, and its the only decent thing on it. It's absolutely stunning. I've played nothing else for a week, and on every listening it has got better, and delivered up things I had missed earlier. Great, great jazz rock. Thanks Steve.