Friday, April 16, 2004

Dingle Bells

I'm back! After spending 6 fantastic days in Dingle on the west coast of Ireland. If you're lucky enough to get good weather in Co. Kerry (and we were) it really is a stunning part of the world. Looking out from Slea Head to The Blaskets it feels like you're standing at the end of the earth. Exhilarating! Basically, I suppose I'm really a city person and I don't feel uncomfortable surrounded by the noise and bustle of a city. But a week spent in a place like Dingle, with a soundtrack of Shane MacGowan and the new Christy 6 cd box set in the car, a couple of good books and a regular flow of Guinness, which is allegedly good for you, and a text message from Reg about how we hammered Chelsea... does life get better than this, I don't think so. Roll on June 10th, the batteries are charged and we're ready for them.