Sunday, July 09, 2006

Diary predictions

I've said this before, but I'll repeat it. I quite like Iain Dale. OK, he's a Tory, he likes Mrs T. I've never actually met him, and for some reason I cannot understand, he seems not to like the Deputy Prime Minister very much. On the plus side, he can be witty, informative and he is always willing to give a helping hand to lesser known bloggers than himself (all bloggers are lesser known than himself). But in his desperate efforts to 'out-exclusive' other bloggers and the mainstream media, Iain has a tendency to be a bit wild with his predictions. No, I'm not talking about his prediction early in the World Cup that Fat Frankie Lampard was a star, but this prediction today. Iain has read the tea leaves (or the newspapers he has wrapped the tea leaves in) and boldly forecasts that Prezza will go this week. Of course, in doing so, he hopes we have forgotten his prediction just before the local council elections.