Sunday, July 02, 2006

Everybody's talking at me, I don't hear a word they're saying

"I know everybody in SW1, in the Westminster Village, is talking about this. I'm afraid they talk about little else. But I think as a Government, if we are not going to squander a third term, let's just turn out from Westminster and talk to the people of this country." Tessa Jowell to Andrew Marr on Blaenau Gwent. I don't suppose there's any chance of a bit of 'turning away from Westminster and listening' too, is there?

PS - I'm not particularly a supporter of a 7/7 public enquiry, mostly because I don't think anyone from the security services would allow the truth to emerge anyway and it would just frustrate people and prolong their agony. But if Tessa really wants to talk to someone.... Danny's been waiting a whole bloody year.