Monday, March 06, 2006

There is no doubt that the Government's increasingly authoritarian attitudes have led to much concern both inside and outside of the Labour Party. The Liberty Central blog movement is one response to that... The March for Free Expression is another. Whilst I would give a cautious welcome to Liberty Central, this other lot look more than a bit iffy. With friends like The Freedom Association you don't need enemies. I like my Stilton as much as anyone, but I don't think I would march with the likes of Roger Helmer to retain that extra 0.4% salt!

Just one point for the Liberty Central people, I would have thought a picture of a young blue-eyed, blonde woman wrapped in the Union Flag was the sort of thing one would expect on the Freedom Association (or worse, the BNP) site rather than a serious political blog. Whatever next.. a young woman in a PVC cat suit carrying a whip in one hand and a cross of St George flag in the other? (no, no, not you Mrs T.) Perhaps someone could explain the reasoning.